Our Alliant credit card rating (overall) is 4.5 stars.
This card doubles as a reward card and also offers an attractive balance transfer rate, as well as a low ongoing rate. Card details are as follows:
- As low as 0% introductory rate for 12 months (After the introductory period, a low standard variable rate applies, ranging from 9.99%-21.99%)
- Rate applies to balance transfers and new purchases as well
- No annual fee and no balance transfer fee
- Plus, earn 5,000 bonus points with qualifying spend
- Earn two reward points for every dollar spent
- Works with Android Pay™, Apple Pay™ and Samsung Pay™
Our Card Review:
Pros: Great 0% intro. rate for purchases and balance transfers for 12 months with no fee (which is a rarity and gives this offer a high rating). Low ongoing rate after 12 months if you have good credit credit (actual rate depends on your credit score).
Cons: Ongoing rate as high as 21.99% for those with lower credit scores. Rewards program is based on a points system, which is more complicated than a typical cash back rewards card.
From their website: Alliant Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial cooperative. Since our founding in 1935, Alliant has grown to serve more than 335,000 members nationwide and manage over $9.3 billion in assets. That makes us one of the largest credit unions in the United States.
Please note that since Alliant is a credit union, there are membership requirements to apply for the Alliant card. You can review membership details here: